Lugging a car seat around is one of the less magical parts of being a new parent. Wrestling with belts, anchors, and straps to ensure the seat is properly secured, and then undoing and redoing that work every time you have to swap the car seat with your spouse or the grandparents can be a hassle.
Good car design can help make this important, but tedious task easier and less time-consuming. Several vehicles have done excellent jobs in designing cabins and seats that work well with child safety seats. Buyers of these automobiles can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that they’ll have an easier time getting the kids loaded up than their fellow parents.
- 2018 Chevrolet Equinox – The Equinox is an exceptional small SUV for families. It’s large enough to comfortably accommodate a growing family, but not so large as to be a gas-guzzler. The Equinox has great reliability ratings, and safety experts also give it high marks. One other great family-friendly feature of the Equinox is its ease of use for parents with child safety seats. The Equinox has an ample back seat, making it easy for parents to get car seats in and out of the vehicle. Exposed latch anchors also make installation easy.
- 2017 Lincoln Continental – For lovers of luxury vehicles, the Lincoln Continental will indulge your tastes while also providing an easy and convenient option for car seat installation. The spacious back seat of the automobile makes loading and unloading the kids a cinch. The Lincoln brand has an exceptional safety record, and the latest revival of the storied Lincoln Continental brand is no exception.
- 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid – This vehicle allows you to keep your family safe and save the environment. The new hybrid version of the Accord has a more accommodating back seat than the regular Accord, making it ideal for young families.
- 2017 GMC Acadia – The new Acadia comes in two- or three-row configurations and is great for families with multiple toddlers. Loading and unloading are easy, thanks to a sliding bench and reclining seatbacks.
- 2017 Genesis G90 – For young families who aren’t ready for a soccer mom car just yet, the Genesis G90 offers the right mix of sporty fun and adult responsibility. The vehicle offers lots of style and performance but also has excellent safety ratings. Parents will find installing car seats in the new Genesis to be easy and convenient.
Proper installation and use of child safety seats can greatly reduce the likelihood of injury and death in the event of a crash. AAA says that car seats reduce the risk of injury by between 71 and 82 percent. They reduce the risk of death by 28 percent. Making automobiles more conducive to proper car seat installation not only makes it easier for parents, it can also save lives.
Community Cars helps families by offering great deals on kid-friendly cars and SUVs. Stop by to find the best deals on new and used cars in Bloomington today.